Playground surfacing is the single most important factor in reducing the risk of injury from falls. According to the Canada Safety Council, "An estimated 25,000 children nationwide receive emergency treatment every year due to injuries in the playground." In the United States, this number rises to over 200,000 children. Of this figure, falls from equipment account for two-thirds of the injuries and account for over $1 billion in medical and lawsuit costs annually.
What can be done to help prevent these hazards?
The Canadian Safety Council noted, "Parents should check that the outdoor playing surface around any equipment from which a child could fall can absorb the impact of a fall; grass, dirt, asphalt, or concrete are not acceptable."
With an ASTM F-1292 certification for up to a 10' fall height, PlaySafe PERFORM playground rubber tiles are the perfect safety flooring for any playground or daycare project.
- PERFORM outdoor rubber matting is made from scrap tires - providing an environmentally friendly solution that can be recycled again and again
- PERFORM playground safety surfacing meets and exceeds the strict requirements established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Americans with Disability Act (ADA), and American Standard for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- PERFORM rubber playground flooring offers several vibrant colors to choose from, offering endless design options
- PERFORM safety outdoor floor provides easy install methods to allow for low costs compared to pour in place rubber; and can be placed over concrete, asphalt, crushed rock, roof tops, or any other solid surface
- PERFORM rubber playground tiles require virtually no maintenance - meaning less cost and hassle
- PERFORM rubberized playground surface is a solid unitary surface to replace outdated loose-fill surfaces that could be kicked, thrown, or swallowed- displacing the product to effectively eliminate any protection that may have been originally provided. You can also expect less material to be tracked inside, making it much cleaner
- PERFORM rubber surfaces is specifically designed for use right after rainfall as water will not puddle on the top surface
- PERFORM playground tiles = Less Worries, Fewer Injuries, Reduced Liability, Lower Premiums
PlaySafe PERFORM playground tiles can be used in conjunction with our PlayPad outdoor foam padding to achieve critical fall height protection up to 10’ and are designed to meet and exceed all ASTM F1292-18 standard specification for impact attenuation of surfacing materials within the use zone of playground equipment.
4’ Fall height = 1.75” PERFORM Tile
6’ Fall Height = 1.75” PERFORM Tile + 1” PlayPad Foam
8’ Fall Height = 1.75” PERFORM Tile + 2” PlayPad Foam
10’ Fall Height = 1.75” PERFORM Tile + 1” + 2” PlayPad Foam