Playground surfacing is the single most important factor in reducing the risk of injury from falls. According to the Canada Safety Council, “An estimated 25,000 children nationwide receive emergency treatment every year due to injuries in the playground.” In the United States, this number rises to over 200,000 children. Of this figure, falls from equipment account for two-thirds of the injuries and account for over $1 billion in medical and lawsuit costs annually.
What can be done to help prevent these hazards?
The Canadian Safety Council noted, “Parents should check that surfaces around any equipment from which a child could fall can absorb the impact of a fall; grass, dirt, asphalt, or concrete are not acceptable.”
With an ASTM F-1292 certification for up to a 10’ fall height, Bounce Back playground rubber surfacing is the perfect safety surfacing for any project.
- PlaySafe outdoor rubber matting is made from scrap tires providing an environmentally friendly solution that can be recycled again and again.
- PlaySafe playground safety surfacing meets and exceeds the strict requirements established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Americans with Disability Act (ADA), and American Standard for Testing Materials (ASTM).
- PlaySafe rubber playground surfacing offers several vibrant colors to choose from giving endless design capabilities.
- PlaySafe safety floor provides easy install methods to allow for low costs compared to pour in place and can be placed over concrete, asphalt, crushed rock, roof tops, or any other solid surface.
- PlaySafe rubber playgrounds enables virtually no maintenance which means less costs and hassles.
- PlaySafe rubberized playground surface provides a solid unitary surface which replaces the outdated loose-fill surfaces that could be kicked, thrown, or swallowed. You can expect less material to be tracked inside building making it much cleaner.
- PlaySafe rubber surfacing is specifically designed for use right after rainfall as water will not puddle on the top surface.
- PlaySafe playground tiles = Less Worries, Fewer Injuries, Reduced Liability, Lower Premiums!
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or view our shipping policy and returns disclaimer.
Perfect Surfaces is a Canadian supplier of high quality flooring products and surfaces made primarily from premium recycled rubber and other environmentally friendly compounds that are designed specifically for high traffic or high abuse areas in all types of commercial, industrial, residential, and recreational settings. Our headquarters are located in Calgary, Alberta. We ship across Canada and the United States.
Learn more About Us to discover history and some of our featured projects like Gold’s Gym, the Scotiabank Saddledome, YYC Cycle, UFC Gym, Injanation, the Hockey Hall of Fame, Montreal Canadiens dressing room, Crossfit Winnipeg, Kids & Company (KidCo), the Calgary Stampede, Whitecourt Wolverines, the Roger’s K-Rock Centre, the Oakland Alameda Coliseum and more.